Sunday, June 22, 2008

ALBUM: You can hear the angels falling


It's no secret that I'm a sucker for music with that southern-style twang.
A bluesy guitar and a soulful voice just make me melt.

That being said, I plan on melting June 24th.
This is not an unexplained melting, this melt just so happens to coincide with the release of Amos Lee's latest album Last Days at the Lodge.

As I've been writing this and listening to Amos' music I'm having to take time to sit back and say, "Wow."
I'm not thinking about the seamless blending of folk and blues. I'm not thinking about the sometimes subtle but perfect percussion or the whine of my beloved slide guitar. I'm not even trying to figure out how a person born in Philadelphia and raised in New Jersey could be infused with such a southern soul.
I'm simply thinking, "Wow. This is beautiful music." and I'd like to think that speaks volumes on what Amos Lee has accomplished with this album.

I realize Chris has extolled you to purchase Sigur Ros' new album also due out this week and I don't wish to compete with him by saying you should buy Amos Lee's new album.
You should purchase both.

Amos Lee - Ease Back
from the album Last Days at the Lodge (Amazon/iTunes)

No comments: