Sunday, March 8, 2009

ARTIST: White Lies


I'm currently enamored by a plucky little British band called White Lies.

Remember that skit Conan O'brien used to do, If They Mated? Classic.
Well if we took the Killers and the Kaiser Chiefs and had them mate, I feel their baby would sound something like White Lies.
A combination of the Killers and the Kaiser Chiefs.......ya, there is nothing about that sentence that I don't like.

Except where they depart from these artists is that it's pretty dark (scary dark), the best way to describe White Lies' music would be 'brooding synth pop rock.'
The whole album seems to deal with the concepts of death, dying, and saying farewell to times, places, and people you have come to love. (through songs about murderous kidnappings, electro-shock therapy, and zombie romance)
Freaky right?!

It scares me, but I like it.

I don't know what that says about me right now.

UPDATE: It happened again. Our post got taken down by Blogger. Nevermind that we have permission and whatnot to post these mp3s.

White Lies - To Lose My Life

from the album To Lose My Life (iTunes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god, i fucking hate blogger's policies. the label/pr company gives you music to promote the band. end of story. wake up blogger! WAKEUP.