Thursday, June 4, 2009

ARTIST: Japandroids


Speaking of Sasquatch.
With the Gorge really only a few hours away from our neighbors to the north there was quite the Canadian population (judging purely on how many times I heard 'out' pronounced 'oot')
And a common complaint from the Canadians next to us during the festival (besides having to drive home in the scary dark) was the disappearance of Vancouver rockers Japandroids from the festival lineup.
And having checked them out, they're something else. Something else entirely.

I've always thought I had a pretty wide taste in music, but I've come to realize that there is a lot of music out in this wide world of ours and there's a lot I don't like.
And when I first heard Japandroids' chaotic garage rock/punk style I said, "Ya, I like it, but its not really my stlye." So I immediately dismissed them. But I kept coming back and had to finally admit...I really like them. They're not my usual fare, but that doesn't stop them from being really really great.
And now having heard their whole album Post-Nothing, its pretty great. So even if "chaotic garage rock/punk" doesn't sound like you...give a go anyway. You never know.

mp3: Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire
from the album Post-Nothing (Amazon/iTunes)

2 comments:

Joe said...

Lighting a drum set on fire? Bold. I like it

kp said...

I liked the wrong song better