Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NEWS: Sub Pop Sampler


This post is dedicated to anyone pursuing my internet search history who notice my recent visitation to a site titled "Sub-Pop/Cybersex."

Its not what you think (I ran into the same problem with 'Best of Bootie'), unless you're first thought was, "Wow. I bet that's an exceptional sampler of artists who appear on Seattle-based Sub Pop records."
If that's the case you're dead on my extremely perceptive friend, dead on.

I have a bit of a brand name allegiance. And I think its pretty well-founded.
An unknown album emblazoned with the Sub Pop logo will get my immediate undivided attention. They've very rarely led me astray.

Tracks:

Vetiver – Strictly Rule
Handsome Furs – I’m Confused
Mark Sultan – Hold On
Red Red Meat – Gauze
Obits – Pine On
The Vaselines – Son of a Gun
Fleet Foxes – Mykonos
Iron and Wine – Belated Promise Ring
Tiny Vipers - Dreamer
Fruit Bats – My Unusual Friend
Zak Sally – Why We Hide
Pissed Jeans – False Jesii Part 2
Grand Archives – Silver Among the Gold
Flight of the Conchords – Hurt Feeling

Download ZIP: Sub Pop Sampler (Provided so you don't have to awkwardly google 'cyber sex')

1 comment:

Boney King said...

great sampler from my favorite record label! great post, as well.

-bishop (fork/knife)