Friday, June 26, 2009

SONG: New A.A. Bondy

Hey all! I'm back from my trek across Europe and all I can say is I'm tired, happy, and enjoying the ability to make bacon and eggs in the morning if I want to. Ah America.


On the music side of things, I am utterly and completely out of the loop. And that's a good thing. It's refreshing to step back every now and then, re-focus a bit, get outside the hype. I listened to almost no music over the past month, and when I did it was mostly old favorites - a lot of Bob Dylan and Mason Jennings. Well I guess that's a lie - I listened to tons of music on the trip, it just wasn't on my ipod. I heard everything from an Alleluia Band from Malawi to a Wagnerian opera in Vienna, to street performers playing Ave Maria in Munich. All of it was either free or cheap, and all of it was tremendous.

Well now I'm back and I'm not even going to worry about what I missed (my Google Reader was pretty overwhelming, so I just clicked "Mark all as read"). Two great bits of news though - I was so excited to learn that Grand Archives are set to release their follow-up to our favorite record of 2008 (Logan's got that covered HERE). I was also so excited to find that one of my most favorite artists of late, Mr. A.A. Bondy, also has a new record coming out at the end of summer, called When The Devil's Loose. I've got the title track below to get you all excited.

It's good to be back.

mp3: A.A. Bondy - When The Devil's Loose
from the album When The Devil's Loose (out Sept. 1st)

No comments: