Friday, September 5, 2008

ALBUM: Could you rewrite the plot?


I have to admit, I was on the fence about Wild Sweet Orange.
Not because I wasn't sure whether or not I liked their music, cause I sure do.
I'm a poor college student and every CD purchased is one, two, or even three less meals I'll be eating that week.

....but there is a whale in a house on the cover, almost like a whale in a cubicle. I was sold.

Wild Sweet Orange's We Have Cause to be Uneasy has been far more satisfying than midnight trips to Del Taco. So I made the right choice.

Originating out of Birmingham, Alabama, (I'd like to think the occasional smatterings of banjo are a result of this southern upbringing) Wild Sweet Orange has created songs with hauntingly personal and intimate lyrics.

Whether it's a man's personal struggle with God to help him make sense of life and the decisions he is having to make or the heartbreaking plea to a friend to put the past behind them, to start living life again, and to forget about the monsters under all of our beds.

Wild Sweet Orange - Ten Dead Dogs
from the album We Have Cause to Be Uneasy (Amazon/iTunes)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys just became my new favourite music blog. Really.

Love!